Dates – Friday 7th – Sunday 9th November 2014 – Two days of rock climbing, Saturday and Sunday.
Where – Costa Blanca, Calpe (near Alicante) Southern Spain
What – Multi pitch climbing, on trad and bolted routes
Ratios – 1:2
Accommodation – Shared twin room B&B in hotel
Following on from our successful sport climbing weekend last year in Siruana we are running a trad climbing weekend away to the fabulous Costa Blanca region of Spain.
This area is famous for it’s climbing and is an ideal place for beginners and intermediate climbers. There are lots of good single pitch, and multi pitch crags and an ideal place to get some longer routes done. The weather is usually kind, and you can climb all year round here.
The idea for this weekend is to introduce climbers to multi pitch routes. You will need to be competent seconding grade IV single pitch routes. There will be opportunities for you to lead, or stick with seconding. The difficulty is flexible of course, if the group is going well then we can pick challenging climbs.
If your unsure of your ability then get in touch with us and we can give you some advice. A day or weekend climbing with us during the summer would ensure your preparation.
We’d have a look at:
Belays, runners, gear placements, multi pitch belaying, abseil retreats etc etc
This is definitely a climbing weekend, all teaching will happen on the go, as we are actually climbing some good routes!
You will find some cheaper courses out there, but we run ours at a low ratio, 1:2, so that you get the best value for money and more climbing and coaching than if you were in a bigger group.
You will need to arrive at the hotel on Friday evening, The nearest airports are in the Altet (Alicante) which is 70 km away. We then have two good days of climbing, and will then drop you to the airport for Sunday evening for your flight home.
Our hotel is booked, and is a 15minute walk into town, and a ten minute walk to the Penon for our sunday climb – perfect! Here’s a link to the hotel.
There is of course the option of arriving earlier, or leaving later and we will be round for some more climbing as well.
Our price includes:
- Two nights shared twin room in the hotel in Calpe
- All transport to the crags from the Hotel
- A lift back to the airport at Alicante on the Sunday evening
- Guiding and Instruction fees
- Technical gear, ropes & rack etc
Our price does NOT include:
- Your flight to Alicante
- Travel & rescue insurance
- Airport transfer to Calpe (we will help arrange this though, there are local buses, taxis, trains and shuttle services – it means you can arrive at different times, or late and make your way to the hotel)
- Evening meals in Calpe – we eat out in some affordable local restaurants
- Lunches – we will have a supermarket stop first thing on Saturday morning and grab a few supplies for the weekend.
- You will need to have a pair of comfortable rock shoes, a harness and helmet for the weekend. Trainers are ideal for the approaches and descents. A lightweight small rucksack is useful as well.
Price per person: £225
You can pay a deposit here, full fee due six weeks before trip start date.