Yes, you read that right. Iran. Not commonly associated with a ski trip but they’ve got some good looking mountains and a growing reputation for excellent dry powder snow. As well as being friendly and welcoming to foreign travellers in the city or mountains.
We love our ski touring, and heading on a trip to an adventurous mountain range with some culturally diverse travel as well combines everything that is exciting and inspiring about a foreign ski trip. This isn’t ticking off another trip to Meribel. We want to experience Iran properly, staying in both hotels and local houses whilst exploring quiet.
We will be based for part of the trip in Dizin which is Iran’s largest ski resort, giving us access to the lifts there for off piste skiing and ski touring.
This is our first trip to Iran, so you’ll share the adventure with us. We ski in different areas each year, combining good research with local knowledge. Last year we had highly successful trips to Elbrus (Russia) and Norway exploring these areas with our regular skiers. In Iran we have a driver/fixer/skier rolled into one, who will accompany us for the duration of the trip.
There are some good articles on the web about Iran, this one from the Guardian is fun.
Give us a shout if you want to know more. Some details and prices below.
Dates: 16th – 24th march 2019.
Price: 2200€ per person.
The price includes;
• Mountain Guide fees
• Visa support (for British guests)
• Pick up from/to the airport
• All land transfers according to itinerary
• Two nights of accommodation in a mid-class hotel (3-star hotel) in Tehran (based on double
• Six nights of accommodation in hotel and local houses in Taleghan (based on single rooms
in the hotel and shared rooms in the local houses)
• City guide in Tehran
• Mountain meals (breakfast, lunch box and evening meal)
• Restaurant meals in Tehran
• Entrance tickets for sightseeing in Tehran
The international flight, visa fee, insurance and equipment etc are not included.