Update – 10th May 2020:
The Covid 19 lockdown in France is easing off from tomorrow the 11th May. Mountain acitivites can take place and we will follow all recommended guidance regarding maximum group size etc.
Huts remain closed for the moment, including the winter rooms. Official details (in French): Here.
Cross border travel remains restrictred at the time of writing and we await further information from the UK later today.
Update – 26th April 2020:
At the tme of writing we are sitting tight and waiting to hear how the lockdowns across Europe will be eased and how that will affect our guiding in the UK and throughout Europe this summer.
We are of course monitoring the situation carefully and will update all clients who are on booked trips as soon as possible.
Please do contact us with any questions regarding planned or future trips.
28th March Update:
As we enter the third week of travel restrictions here in France we continue to deal with the personal and business aspects of the Global Covid-19 pandemic and the knock on affects of travel restrictions.
We are doing everything we can to look after you the guests as well as our freelance guides and instructors, many of which have lost the bulk of their planned spring ski touring work.
We would like to take the oppertunity to thank many of our regular and new guests who have generously given deposits or full guiding costs to look after our freelance guides. We can’t wait to be out in the hills with you again.
Future trip bookings
We have updated our terms and conditions to reflect these travel restrictions especially as most insurers will now not insure against Covid-19 related claims.
If you book with us your money is protected in the Vertical Frontiers trust account meaning we can only use your money directly for you trip and only after your trip has been completed. You are protected under the Travel Operators regulations 2018.
You can book with confidence knowing that if your trip is cancelled for reasons beyond your control, such as travel restrictions, then you will be able to reschedule or have a full refund.
Please do contact us with any questions relating to a current or future booking and we wish you all the best in these uncertain times.
Ben Bradford – Chamonix March 2020
Last-Minute Bookings & Custom Dates